Warranty / Repair service
If you have a complaint, need to have your knife repaired or simply need to sharpen your knife, please note the following points (see warranty).
You are welcome to send us knives for regrinding with your return address.
The prices are between € 6,– and € 8,– gross, depending on the length of the blade.
Postage will be charged separately.
Include a letter with your complete address (incl. email address and phone number) describing the complaint or the processing request. Please understand that we cannot accept shipments sent freight collect.
Costs on a time and material basis. Please ask for our quotation.
Felix Solingen GmbH
An den Eichen 6
Tel. +49 212 23140-302
Sharpen & Care
FELIX knives are sharp. And that for a long time.
Depending on the frequency of use, the sharpness of a blade decreases over time. Professionals and hobby chefs pull off their knives briefly before and after each use, i.e. sharpen their knives regularly. With a little practice, even amateurs will succeed. Of course, you can also send us your FELIX knives for sharpening at any time. This service is inexpensive and ensures that your knives are as good as new after sharpening.
High-quality knife blades made of blade steel react sensitively to food leftovers and to cleaning in the dishwasher. In addition, the blades become blunt when cleaned in the dishwasher. Clean your knives by hand. After use, simply rinse briefly with warm water, dry, done. Additional protection for the blade is the care with camellia oil. The antibacterial knife care cloth with silver molecules also cares for and protects the knife blade.
Wood is a living natural material and loves a little care. Rub the wooden handles of your knives with a few drops of oil from time to time. We recommend linseed oil. In this way the wood retains its original beauty and individual charisma.
Sharpening instructions for whetstones 400/1000 and 1000/3000
(valid for knives ground on both sides with the same grinding angle)
First place the whetstone in a container with water for approx. 5-10 minutes. The optimal saturation of the stone with liquid can be recognized by the fact that no more air bubbles rise. It is also important to moisten the stone again and again during the sharpening process, as the mixture of water and abrasive stone surface acts like an abrasive. For sharpening, the stone should be placed on a non-slip surface (such as a wet kitchen towel). First the coarser side of the stone is used.
Move the knife blade across the cutting edge with slight pressure, maintaining an angle of 15° - 20° forwards and backwards over the entire surface of the stone. Please note that only sections of the knife edge from the tip to the end are machined as described above. Continue machining on one side of the blade until a fine burr is obtained.
Now switch to the other side of the blade and repeat the procedure described above. Repeat these steps several times if necessary.
Keeping the angle of 15° - 20° during the entire grinding process is particularly important.
For a perfect surface quality and cutting performance of the knife, the processes can be repeated on the finer stone side.
To remove the last burr, pull the knife blade towards you 2-3 times diagonally over the entire length of the cutting edge in one pull.
Clean the knives carefully with hot water. Rinse the whetstone and remove the grinding mass.
The stone should be completely dry before being placed back in the wooden box.
Bread knives cannot be sharpened properly on these whetstones.
PRODUCT-INFO to the series First Class
For these high-quality knives we only use top materials such as POM (plastic), various tropical precious woods and up to 1,000-year-old olive wood, obtained from limited deforestation and reforestation under state supervision. The processing takes place with food-compatible and biological materials.
USE AND CARE OF FORGED KNIVES
- Forged knives with plastic handles are suitable for the dishwasher, but are not dishwasher safe. It is therefore advisable to care by hand to prevent deposits on the blade due to aggressive washing substances and damage to the cutting edge due to incorrect storage in the dishwasher. Therefore, clean your knife regularly after use under hot water and dry it carefully. So you always have a ready to use knife
- Knives with wooden handles are generally not suitable for cleaning in dishwashers. In order to enjoy such products for many years, manual cleaning is recommended. Especially for knives with wooden handles, you should dry the handles carefully after cleaning and polish them with FELIX camellia oil after prolonged use
- Use your knife exclusively for the material for which it was developed. Never use a knife e.g. as a can opener or screwdriver.
- After using your knife several times, regularly use a sharpening steel to keep the hand sharpened edge sharp. We recommend the use of FELIX diamond sharpening steels or FELIX ceramic sharpening rods
- Please keep in mind that in order to achieve perfect cutting performance, your knife must be extremely sharp. You should take this aspect into account during work and storage in order to prevent injuries. Never store your knife unprotected in a drawer and keep it away from children.
We recommend a FELIX knife block for storage.
5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY FELIX SOLINGEN KNIVES
FELIX Solingen knives, produced by FELIX Solingen GmbH, Solingen – Germany, carry a 5-Year Limited Warranty against manufacturing defects. Under this warranty, FELIX Solingen GmbH will repair or replace any product we find to be defective in its original material or construction for a period of five years from the date of purchase. This limited warranty does not cover normal signs of wear, wood handles, rust, or damage/breakage due to improper use.
To receive warranty repair or replacement, the owner must send the product to be evaluated by FELIX Solingen GmbH, Solingen - Germany. In addition to the provisions of this warranty, you may also have other rights that can vary by state. No other warranties are implied or expressed other than what is specifically stated here.